Working together to keep our community healthy.
Baby Bistro is a chance to fill the gap between discharge and professional connection. Babies can be complicated, and many challenges may be encountered. This plan includes assistance with breastfeeding by a certified lactation consultant (IBCLC) and infant weight and measure. Help with formula questions and information on your babies development is offered.
Here is our menu plan to help assist you:
- Feeding consult: Troubleshoot breastfeeding difficulties to increase duration of breastfeeding. Evaluate formula feeding including mixing storage and type used. Offer instructions about introduction of solids and answer questions.
- Immunization education: Explain immunization schedule and specific vaccines, answer questions about side effects.
- Car seat education: 4 out of 5 car seats are installed incorrectly, our certified technicians can trouble shoot car seat issues, and even replace car seats for free if needed.
- Infant CPR: The Health Department maintains training capability through the American Heart Association to offer infant CPR, Friends and Family training to parents and caregivers of newborns.
- WIC referral: WIC is a nutritional education program that serves clients who meet income guidelines. We provide ongoing breast-feeding support and vouchers for proper feeding of Women, Infants, and Children.
- Communication with client provider: Anything we talk about we would love to share with our client's provider. With our mom's permission we will send you a brief report of our findings which include, height, weight, any education we have provided and whether you have been identified as the child's vaccine provider. Clients who have issues that need to be followed such as weight gain or jaundice evaluation will not only be referred but followed during our clinics.
Health Department 311 South Virginia
Conrad, MT 59425
(406) 271-3248 fax
Thursday Mornings Walk-ins Welcome 10:00-12:00
Contact Individual Cynthia Grubb, RN, IBCLC