When disaster strikes, people everywhere want to help those in need. To ensure that this compassion and generosity are put to good use, keep the following points in mind.
- Financial aid is an immediate need of disaster victims. Make financial contributions through a recognized voluntary organization to ensure that contributions are put to their intended use.
- Before donating food or clothing, wait for instructions from local officials. Immediately after a disaster, relief workers don't usually have time or facilities to set up distribution channels, and too often these items go to waste.
- If you want to volunteer your time, go through a recognized agency such as the American Red Cross or Salvation Army. They work with local emergency management personnel to determine what is needed and are prepared to deal with the need.
- Organizations and community groups wishing to donate items should contact the American Red Cross or Salvation Army to find out what is needed and where to send it. Be prepared to deliver the items to one place, tell officials when you will be there and provide for transportation, driver and unloading.
American Red Cross Contact Information
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
20 4th Ave. SW Conrad, MT 59425
Located on the bottom floor of the Courthouse.
(406) 271-4040 (406) 271-4084 fax
E-mail us at email@example.com
IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY CALL 911