If you ask anyone what the Treasurer's Office does, they will tell you that this office takes your money.
Well, that's true, but it's only part of the story. Typical responsibilities include:
- Collect motor vehicle fees. This money is distributed to county funds, the school districts, the City of Conrad, the Town of Valier and the State of Montana.
- Collect property taxes. These funds are distributed to various county and city entities as well as the school districts based upon approved budgets and approved mill levies.
- Collect inheritance tax. These funds are submitted directly to the state each month.
- Collect and invest money received by other county offices and the public schools. We make every effort to invest funds to earn the greatest interest while keeping your money secure. We have developed an Investment Pool which we feel will maximize our return on your money.
- Track all checks that are issued by county offices and the school districts and provide each office with monthly information on their cash expenditures.
- Work hand in hand with the school clerks to receive and distribute money from the county and state sources to the appropriate school funds. Provide monthly reports to each school district providing their cash balances and an overview of the money received and disbursed by each district.
- Assist with vehicle titling and registration.
- Manage the County-wide Investment Pool.
Dates to Remember
|Real Estate Taxes
||November 30th - First Half Due
||May 31st - Second Half Due
|Mobile Home Taxes
||May 31st - First Half Due
||November 30th - Second Half Due
|Personal Property Taxes
Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The Treasurer's office is located on the main floor of the Courthouse.